Saturday, September 1, 2012

12 Hours Straight of Theme Parks (+ Photo Dump)


Wednesday, we got up early again and headed to Animal Kingdom.  My best friend since childhood, Jennifer, joined us and we also met up with my Dad and our friend Ms. B (Basille).  Thomas, Jennifer, Jack and I headed straight to Everest, which I thought was amazing!  It was a very cool roller coaster that caught me by surprise with special effects and backward motion.  The adults all loved it!  Jack--not so much.

From there, we did the River Rapids.  Anna sat out with my Dad, but everyone else really enjoyed it.  Then, it was the safari, Lion King show, and lunch.  My Dad and Basille left after lunch and the rest of us headed to DinoLand.  For the kids this was the best part, in addition to rides there was also a dinosaur-themed playground area.  It had slides, climbing areas, and best of all--a dinosaur dig.  The kids could pretend they were excavating fossils.  They loved it!   Thomas watched the kids while Jennifer and I went on a ride (Dinosaur).  Then, I watched Anna and Kara while Thomas took Jack on Dinosaur.  Another ride that proved to be too scary.  I had read the warnings and was reluctant to have him go, in fact, Anna at one point said she wanted to try and we wouldn't let her.  Jack is generally very brave, and we had talked to him about how it was very dark and loud and told him about the realistic dinosaurs.  He still wanted to try it.  Unfortunately, it really scared him.  I have a picture coming on cd at some point that will illustrate this point.  The rest of us thought it was impressive.

After that, we had had enough of Animal Kingdom, but it was barely 2pm.  So, we headed to Epcot.  We did Spaceship Earth, which everyone liked.  We also road Soaring, which is a new ride and a pretty big headliner.  We all liked it, but I don't know that it lived up to our expectations.  I would say the favorite was Turtle Talk with Crush.  We didn't go into the World Showcase, but enjoyed the few attractions we did do in the Land and the Sea pavilions.

It was now dinner time and we still weren't ready to call it a day, so we took the monorail over to Magic Kingdom.  This time Anna rode Splash Mountain!  It was so fun to have all of us on it together.  When we got off, she said she liked it, but when I asked if she wanted to ride again, she said "no, I don't want to get sick of it."  She is so funny!  We did most of our favorites and were there until closing.  I couldn't believe we did 12-straight hours of parks.  We contemplated going out for ice cream and told the kids if they stayed awake we would go.  Thomas and I weren't ready for our fun day to end.  Unfortunately, Kara didn't even make it to the parking lot.  She slept on the ferry, stayed asleep when we got on the monorail to take us from Magic Kingdom to Epcot.  She almost woke up when we transferred her from the stroller to the car, but mostly stayed asleep.  The funny part was she woke up when we got close to the house and commented, "that was close, I almost fell asleep."  The kids were definitely tired, they didn't even protest when we said ice cream would have to wait for another day.

Our first two days at Disney were definitely a success.  I don't think I had ever before gotten to a park at opening and stayed until closing.  We definitely got our money's worth out of the park hopper option!



They loved the people mover.

Kara said the carousel was her favorite ride.  The kids all got along so well on this trip!

Kara in Dinosaur Dig at Animal Kingdom
Jack after riding Space Mountain.  He loved it, but admitted to closing his eyes. I didn't bother trying to reason with him on that one.

It's a Small World--and I am still singing the song.
Buzz Lightyear ride.  Thomas' score exceeded the rest of ours put together. Times ten.


Pirates of the Carribean.
Jack and Jennifer at Epcot.  Jennifer was a great sport during our lunacy of a 12-hour day at the parks.

I didn't get many pictures of my dad and Ms. B.  We loved spending time with them at the parks.




No comments:

Post a Comment