Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Thanksgiving!

My Dad and Maggie arrived on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I took the day off from work and brought the kids to the train station with me. We went to breakfast at a cute diner and had a nice morning. When we got home, they took a nap and I got started on Thanksgiving dinner prep.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. We had 13 for lunch (the Wilson six, my dad and Maggie, Jim, Sheryl and 3 of their kids). As per recent tradition, we played spoons, watched the parade, and relaxed before and after the big meal. It was nice to spend time with everyone and the food all turned out really good.

My dad got a new smart phone. He had a few questions that Josh was happy to help with.

Here's most of our Thanksgiving crew. Thomas took the picture and I'm not sure why Maggie didn't join in.
Unfortunately, I had to go to work on Friday. Also unfortunately, my dad got sick Thursday night. He had an upset stomach all night and all day Friday. So, we didn't do anything fun on Friday, although Thomas did set up our new fake Christmas tree. Speaking of which, we bought a new, big, fake tree. It is very tall and has plenty of secure branches for all our ornaments. It looks really nice. Hopefully, it will last us many years.



I did a little bit of shopping on Black Friday, but I had gotten most of what I wanted online. Some exciting purchases included a vacuum cleaner, air mattress, and an Instant Pot. We are pretty wild in the Wilson house! I did buy myself some new clothes at Belk, during their buy 1, get 2 free sale.

Saturday my dad was feeling a bit better. He rested that morning and then we went out to dinner at Red Robin and played some more spoons.  On Sunday morning, Maggie woke up not feeling well. Then, Anna's stomach started to hurt. Luke completed the trifecta.

Saturday and Sunday, Thomas worked on our Christmas lights outside. I worked on our Christmas Village and spent time with my dad and Maggie, during the last few hours of their visit. Thomas took them to the train station Sunday afternoon. By now, my dad was feeling better, so we figured it was a short-term stomach bug. And, we were right. Luke threw up Sunday night, as did Anna, but both were fine on Monday. Thomas stayed home from work with them to make sure they were over it and fortunately, the rest of us managed to remain uninfected.

I admit the lights look nice when complete, but I hate seeing Thomas on the roof.

Working with precision.

No comments:

Post a Comment