Sunday, April 7, 2019

T-Ball and This and That

Luke started t-ball a couple of weeks ago. He absolutely loves it! We had a 2 year reprieve from organized sports and it is hard to get back in the swing of having our evenings dictated, but we will do it for as long as he is interested and putting forth the effort. If that lasts for 10 years--great. If it is lasts for 1 or 2--also great :) I wish for all our kids that they find something they feel passionate about. Whether that is sports, music, drama or something else, I don't care, but I want them all to have an outlet.

So, we have had 2 weeks of practices and he had his first game yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't go to the game. I didn't realize that Luke was disappointed, but Thomas said he told all his coaches that "only two people" from his family were there (Thomas and Kara). But, according to them, he did really well. I will go to the next one.

Not happy that his team is the Yankees!
I felt bad missing the game, but there is so much to do at home now. Having our house on the market is stressful! I always feel like I should be cleaning or organizing something. In our first week, we had 4 showings. We were supposed to have 6, but I accidentally refused one and they didn't reschedule and another had to cancel due to sick kids. The feedback has been good. Everyone has rated the house well, but no offers. Every morning, Thomas makes sure the house is show ready before going to work. We haven't had any last-minute requests, so I am not sure it is worth it for him to put forth the effort, but it is probably good to stay on top of it. We don't want to be in the position of running around at the last minute. Therefore, every night, I am vacuuming, mopping, doing yard work or whatever else to try and make the house look presentable. I wonder if this is what people with clean houses do all the time?  :) It is nice to have a clean house, but boy is it a lot of work!

Thomas and I had a fun date night yesterday. We went to a dueling pianos fundraiser at St John's. I have wanted to do dueling pianos for a long time. It wasn't quite what I thought, but it was so fun and I hope we can do it again. We went with the Wills and Schneiders. They had a silent auction, but all of the stuff we would typically bid on, we couldn't because of the impending move. We won't be here to go to baseball games or other events this summer. It made us both sad. We are going to miss Maryland!


In other news, the kids had their dentist appointment last week. No cavities! It always such a relief to get that news. None of the kids have ever had one and I really hope we can keep up the streak. To celebrate we went to Sweet Frogs (no sticky toppings and they brushed their teeth when we got home). That's really all that's been happening. Just t-ball and housekeeping. I really hope the house goes under contract soon, that will take away so much stress.

Where's Luke?

No comments:

Post a Comment