Sunday, May 16, 2021

A Good Week

Saturday (the 8th) we had an incredibly busy day. It was like the days of pre-covid. We started with a trip to Leu Gardens. They had an alphabet scavenger hunt, each letter was on a plant that started with that letter. We got a map and found all 26. Luke especially loved the hunt, but everyone had a good time. It was a beautiful morning to be outside. 




After that, we went to the library for our first visit in over a year. Only the first floor was open, but it was still so nice to go in and pick out books. From there, we made a quick trip to Target and then headed home. We had lunch, hung out for a couple of hours and then went to Universal Studios. It was the least-crowded its been in a while, which was nice for a Saturday evening. We rode lots of rides, had dinner and stayed until they closed. It was a super busy, really fun day.

We got some butterbeer right at closing. The perfect way to end a great day!

Sunday was a day at home, we needed a break after our busy Saturday! It was Mother's Day. Luke made me toast and gave me gifts he made at school. He also gave me his toothfairy money and toothfairy candy. Jack made me a card. The girls didn't do anything. I don't care much about Mother's Day, but I was disappointed that the girls didn't do something.

Such a sweetheart.

Luke and I had an adventure on Thursday. He is great friends with a girl who lives a few houses down. She is in his class and they get along really well. They play together frequently and he really enjoys her company. And, she is a super nice kid. Her birthday is this month and her mother (Kaitlin) and I wanted to take them out of school and do something fun to celebrate. We picked Thursday and decided to go to Legoland. Kaitlin bought Luke a fun Lego shirt and he was so excited! He woke up at 6am on Thursday morning, and couldn't wait to leave.

We got there just before they opened at 10. And, it was the best day! The crowds were light and we got to do everything. They rode all the rides, saw some of the ski show and even walked a bit in the garden. They got along perfectly and enjoyed being out of school and doing something just for them. I can't think of another time where I did something big one-on-one with Luke, so it was really nice for both of us. And, he and Ella were so sweet together. I ordered him the wrong food at lunch. He asked for chicken tenders and I ordered him a cheeseburger, he was really disappointed, but I told him if he ate the cheeseburger and was still hungry, I would get him chicken tenders. The meal only came with two, but Ella gave him one of hers. It was very kind and appreciated. Then, during the drive home, Ella's computer (not sure what to call it, but the in-seat entertainment) wasn't working. So, Luke switched seats with her when we stopped. 



We stopped at Manny's Chophouse for dinner. I had only been there a couple of times, but I've been wanting to go back. and it was just as good as I remembered!

Friday night, Marta was in Orlando and stopped by to see us. Thomas took Kara and Jack to a Flying Tigers game and Marta and I went with Luke and Anna to dinner. Two nights in a row at restaurants felt so strange! After dinner, Marta and I went for a walk. It was a nice evening. Saturday morning, I took Luke and Anna to their first ice skating lesson. Anna checked the blocks and gets to move up a level. Luke is funny to watch. He fell ALOT, but got right back up and right at it. He could slow himself down and not fall, but he is anxious to progress and is pushing himself. He has no fear and skates fast and furious.

Saturday night, we all went to the Flying Tigers game. The weather has been so beautiful this week. I was actually the tiniest bit chilly once the sun went down! We stayed and watched the whole game. Unfortunately, they lost, but we had a good time.

It was impossible to get a good photo of all 5, this was the best one I could do.

Today, Jack, Anna and Kara got their first COVID vaccine. It was a really hard decision, but we decided it was the best choice. They have sleep away camp this summer and with the complete relaxing of restrictions, it seemed like the way to go. I would be lying if I said I was 100% comfortable with the decision, but we are hopeful it was right. None of them have had any side effects yet. 


Anna didn't want to be in the picture, but she was there!

After the shots, we celebrated with some Dairy Queen. Everyone liked that part!

No comments:

Post a Comment