Thursday, October 7, 2021

Cruise Conclusion

Sunday was our third and final day. It was also Jack and Anna's birthday. Anna really likes Starbucks and of course, there was one on the ship. So, that was how we started the day.  

Kara got one too. And, check out the view--CocoCay!

It was my favorite day--CocoCay. We were among the first off the ship, got our floating mats, and found some nice lounge chairs. We had brought our own snorkel gear and saw tons and tons of fish. We snorkeled, swam and played in the sand. We explored a little. Kara bought herself a shell bracelet and both girls got their hair braided. 

I agree with the "Perfect Day" hype.

Obligatory "ship in the background" photo.

I think we were the first group in the water for the day.

Thomas and Luke playing catch while Jack builds.

Both girls said the braiding hurt.

We had lunch at the island buffet. It was really good and everyone liked the food.  Then, Anna and I took Luke to the play structures. 

This was one of the play structures. The other was a fun pirate ship.

Jack and Thomas did more snorkeling. They found a buried marble banister and canons with huge fish. They said they were bigger than Luke! Kara was ready to go after lunch, but stuck it out with us, she said she doesn't like sand, therefore the beach is not her favorite activity. We got back on the ship around 3, took some balcony pictures and showered and changed. Then, the older kids and I met up with Marta and Frank to play some games before dinner while Luke and Thomas rested.

I love the water in the Caribbean

Anna and her fancy braids

Jack was not interested in posing. He was sitting right next to Kara enjoying a book while I took the pictures.

Sunday was also Jack and Anna's birthday. They brought out pieces of cake with a candle and we sang happy birthday. We saw the ice skating show, which had great skating but a weird storyline. Again, we called it a night around 9:30. 

Happy birthday, Jack and Anna!

Monday morning, we got off the ship around 8. Debarkation was a lot faster. We were home before 9 and able to drop off our middle schoolers for an on-time start. Luke's school starts earlier, so he was about 30 minutes tardy. 

It was a quick trip, but still nice. I was worried that the 3-night would feel too short and rushed, but it was pleasant and everyone had a good time. I am still in a little bit of shock that my first-borns are 14. But, I am enjoying seeing them grow into amazing young adults. I sure do love this family of mine! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend! So glad you got to go and have fun. I am also digging Thomas's haircut! I also think of you all of the time and miss you!

    ReplyDelete