Tuesday, April 5, 2022

More birthday and other news

We have fully recovered from the cruise and everyone proclaimed it one of their favorite vacations. I asked everyone their favorite thing on the cruise and here's the answers:

Thomas: the Ultimate Abyss
Jack: Chacchoben ruins
Kara: Central Park
Anna: the Boardwalk
Luke: Coco Cay
Kori: Having dinner and a show almost every night

Now, we are back to reality. We celebrated Luke's birthday at home on Saturday, the 19th. He doesn't like frosting, so I made cupcakes, some with frosting and some without. He went to his good friend Mike's birthday party on the 20th at Defy, a trampoline park. Then Mike took him back to Defy to celebrate Luke's birthday the following week. Then, he had donuts in the park with the Cantells and Jacobsens on Sunday, the 26th. So, really he had 4 days of celebration. That's not even considering all the gifts he got. He was definitely well-loved!  


While we're talking about birthdays, I went to Winter Haven to celebrate my dad's 80th! He turned 80 on the 24th, but we celebrated the 27th. My sister and I went to lunch with him and Maggie and then back to his house to spend some time together. My family will go visit soon, but I thought it would be nice to have a quieter lunch. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures. I guess I will do it the next time he turns 80. 

The kids finished another quarter at school. Anna was on the A/B honor roll and the rest had all As. 

Jack and Luke are continuing with their sports. Anna hasn't been able to ice skate recently, as she had some problems with her foot, but I think she is better now and maybe she will be able to go to the Wednesday lesson this week.

We went to the library and Lake Eola craft show this weekend. The work on our house is almost done. There are still some finishing areas that need to get taken care of, but after 2+ months, we will officially have our kids bathroom back in use starting tonight. I will take pictures and do a post when everything is really complete.

And, I think that brings us to present day.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I was just wondering what happened with the upstairs shower. Glad it is finally taken care of!

    ReplyDelete