Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Spring Break 2023!

Originally, Spring Break was supposed to start on Friday, March 10th. But, that turned into a hurricane make-up day. Regardless, we decided to pretend it started on Friday (well, sort of). Thursday afternoon, we picked up Kara from school and all of us went to Universal. I wanted to see the parade again before the time change. The floats light up, so it is better to see it when it is dark out. We had dinner at City Walk, rode a couple of rides and saw the Mardi Gras parade, catching lots more beads in the process. I had told the kids if they weren't doing anything, they could stay home from school on Friday. Anna was the only one who took me up on the offer. 
Jack was in a store when I took this picture, but he was there too. We got there early to make sure we got our preferred spot.
.

So fun when the floats have a confetti cannon.

Friday night, we went back to Universal. This time it was just Thomas, Anna, and me. Lines were short and we rode lots of rides. Saturday, Luke had a baseball game. It was one of the Little League games (as opposed to travel) and they won something like 15-0. Those games seem really unfair and I don't like it. Although, the team they played did actually have a few really good players. That night, we went back to Universal. This time it was Thomas, Anna, Kara and me. We had a good time. 

Sunday, Thomas, Kara and Jack went to a Tigers game. I stayed home with Luke and Anna. Luke ended up going to his friend Mike's house that afternoon, I don't think we did anything else. The baseball Wilson's enjoyed the game, but traffic was terrible! Thomas had planned on going back for Tuesday's game but decided he was not up for the drive.

I had to work most of the week. I have a protest, which means a lot of work for me. I am not sure if we did anything fun Monday. But, Anna did injure her foot. Luke was chasing her and she caught it on a door. It really sliced her toe. We debated taking her to urgent care, but decided to see how it looked in the morning. One toe is super bruised and she has a deep long cut between her pinky and third toe. It still looked bad on Tuesday, so Thomas took her in. They said it had to be within 24 hours for stitches, which it was, but they still did glue. That afternoon, Thomas took the older kids to see Ant Man. I had to work. They all liked the movie. I think I let Luke do electronics while they were gone and I worked.
They did x-rays to make sure the bruised toe wasn't broken.
Wednesday, I worked a few hours in the morning, then took Luke to Fun Spot. Thursday, both Thomas and I had to work until about 3 and then we went to Universal. Friday was Luke's actual birthday. All of those days are detailed in his birthday blog post.

Today is Saturday. We went to Target. Luke used a Target gift card from Davi to buy Wubble Balls and candy. Kara went to a friend's birthday party at a painting place. Luke and Thomas practiced baseball. We all went to dinner at Culver's. Anna and I went for a walk and we played Grounded for Life again.


 Sunday, morning I took the girls to Good Will. That afternoon, Luke went to Mike's birthday party. They played something called Gellyball, which is a gentler form of paintball. Luke really enjoyed it.

It was a good break. Even though I had to work, most people took the week off, which meant I didn't get a lot of emails or taskers and was able to devote time to legal writing and research. It is the mostly lawyerly thing I've done in years! I enjoyed spending time with my family. It was a little unusual for us not to be traveling, but we enjoyed the week at home. I think it was a good blend of activity and relaxing. 

1 comment:

  1. Do you know my toes started curling when I read that. OUCH!!!!! Hope Anna is doing better

    ReplyDelete