Saturday, March 9, 2024

Meh

It's been a little while since I have written. So, in the past three weeks, from youngest to oldest:

Luke is playing a lot of baseball. His team is doing well.  Luke has been pitching more and is a really good pitcher. He has a reliable fastball and a decent curveball. He is also on the Battle of the Books team and they have practice every Thursday, gearing up for the big competition in March. We went to Wonder Works one Sunday. Every year Wonder Works has a one-day $15/ticket sale. I bought 6 last year and they were a week from expiring. The older kids didn't want to go (sad), so Thomas and I took Luke and his friend, Mike. We had a fun visit. Fourth grade had a field trip yesterday to St. Augustine, but Luke didn't want to go. It was a long day, they had to be at school by 630 and didn't get home until 630, so we didn't make him. He stayed home and met his friend, Avon, who also did not want to go, at a park for lunch. Today, he has another baseball tournament. He and Thomas had to leave at 625 this morning.

Kara is doing great with lacrosse. They have practice every day after school and lift twice a week before school. She has to be at school at 555 for the weights, so when that is coupled with after school practice, it is a really long day. She was chosen to go with the varsity team to an away game last week. She also played a JV game where she started and played for most of the game. And, she got her learner's permit. 

Jack had his concert band MPA yesterday. He said it went well. They had after-school practices once a week to gear up. He is also doing track, which meets every day after school (initially he would split the time on band days, then as the MPA got closer, he missed track, but got permission from his coach to do the runs at home). He runs distance and has recently raced both the 1 and 2 mile. He is new to running, but is doing great. In his first race, he did the 3200 meters (2 miles) in 12.50. In his next race, he ran the mile, which he did in 5.42. This morning, he had to be at school at 625 for another meet. He is running the 3200 meter again. He is still working on driving and we are trying to get him more time behind the wheel. He drives to and from school a lot (with Thomas and me). My writing of this blog was interrupted because the track bus didn't show up and I had to go and pick up Jack. Chauffer duties never end :)

Finished the two-mile at 1250

Anna is doing lacrosse. Sometimes she seems to enjoy it and sometimes she doesn't. It is a big time commitment and she isn't sure she will do it again. She took a test yesterday that will allow her to do dual enrollment at the community college. She, Kara, and I went to Lakeland one Saturday to see my Dad. Afterward, we went to lunch and shopping. It was a nice girls' day out (Jack had track, Luke had baseball). They didn't have lacrosse practice yesterday (Friday) for some reason. So, they are having one later this morning.

For me, work is incredibly busy. I ended up having to work extra hours this week. We aren't allowed overtime, but we can get credit hours to use as future leave. It has to be pre-approved, but sometimes it is just necessary. I am really unhappy about work. I have felt overwhelmed for the past 6-months or so and it is definitely taking its toll. I am not sleeping well. I am exercising, but not eating healthy. The kids are busy, which means we are extra busy. It just isn't a good time for me. I try and keep it big picture, because the things that really matter are fine (my family is healthy, I have a husband I love, food to eat, a nice house, etc.). And, really work isn't that bad. The timing of things just collided, but eventually it will (hopefully) return to a more normal pace.

Thomas' allergies are bad right now. Everything is covered in pollen. He is helping out with Luke's team. He runs Gamechanger (live scoring and metrics) at all the games, so he can't miss any. Work is also busy for him, but fortunately, not quite as busy as it is for me. So, he is stuck doing all the appointments. There always seems to be appointments, dentist, orthodontist, doctor, etc. Jack's first track meet was in Lakeland, so he went to that and afterward he and Jack went to opening day of Spring Training. He loved the game and is hoping to get to more, but it probably won't happen.

On the Wonder Works ropes course

Oh! I forgot something kind of big. Jim, Sheryl, Josh, Sarah and Sarah's boyfriend came and visited one Saturday. Sarah graduated from OCS, which was in Alabama and then they drove to Florida for a few days. We hadn't seen Sarah since Jack and Anna were babies! We had dinner, played games and really enjoyed their visit. We had recently seen Jim and Sheryl, but it had also been a while since we had seen Josh. 

Marta also visited one evening for dinner. We hadn't seen her in a few months and had a good visit.

It is Saturday morning. I have been up since 5. I drove Jack to school for his meet, then had to go pick him up when the bus didn't show. I am watching the live stream of Luke's game. In about 10 minutes I will take the girls to lacrosse. Then, I will pick them up. That will make 4 trips to the high school today. After I bring the girls home, I will drive Jack to his meet and watch him run. 

The moon was amazing one night Anna and I went for a walk.

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see a new post from you. I enjoy keeping up with you and your family. I'm sorry work is crazy busy for you now. Between work and raising your four beautiful children, you are busy almost every moment of every day. Hang in there. We don't have pollen here yet, but when it hits, Gary and I will both be reaching for our allergy meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude.....that is a hectic HECTIC sked. I hope come summer you will gain some relief. And I'm sorry work sucks right now. I understand the big picture- but you ARE allowed to have feelings and your feelings ARE valid.

    Summer

    ReplyDelete