Saturday, September 13, 2014

First Day of School 2014

I've sat down to write this blog numerous times and have never been able to finish.  With Luke's 6-month appointment, Jack and Anna's birthday, the start of t-ball, and all the Fall activities looming on the horizon, I am determined to get this done.  Since it is now so untimely, I am going to make this primarily a picture post.


School started on a Wednesday.  After going to bed on Tuesday night, I realized I hadn't made their signs.  I decided to get up a few minutes early and add that to my already busy morning.  Feeding Luke is a new addition to the routine and the morning went by very quickly.  I first wrote Kindergarten on all the signs, so I had to redo Jack and Anna's.  Somehow, we still managed to head outside a few minutes early to do the pictures.

After I took the first picture, I realized I had put the year 2015 on them!  There was no time to redo them again, so I had to resort to a sharpie fix.


I know their eyes are all closed, it was still the best picture of the 5 or so I took.  


After doing the pictures at home, we headed to the bus stop.  Although this looks like a lot of kids, it isn't everyone.  I think when everyone is there, there are 19 kids that get on the bus from our neighborhood!  





Finally, the bus came and they were off!  The year is off to a good start.  All of the kids like their teachers and find something positive to say each day.  No one has really complained about going to school.  Jack has even proclaimed that first grade is better than kindergarten, although he misses his teacher and still visits her daily.  In Anna's class, they get to sit on exercise balls, which is perfect for someone like her with lots of pent-up energy.  

On an unrelated note, Jack received his first love note.  It is from a girl in his class: 

We can make out, "Dear Jack, I love you.  You ????,  You are sweet to me.  I love you."  Her name is Kaitlyn.  Jack said that whenever it's carpet time, she always tries to scoot and sit next to him. But, he said he doesn't really mind.  Although, sometimes, he lamented, he would rather just be able to sit with Savannah.  Our little Romeo!

No comments:

Post a Comment