Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 1



For a while, I have contemplated getting on the blogging bandwagon. After all, I used to enjoy writing. My mom thought I was good at it. And, if your own mother says you have a talent, aren't you obligated to foster it? Besides, it will be a good memorialization of this point in time. Perhaps one day my children will appreciate it. Just like I am sure they will appreciate all the sacrifices I have made for them. Body, career, identity outside of mommydom. You know, the usual.

I think I will have a lot of material to work with. I stopped "working" in October. Six long months ago. We moved halfway across the county. My husband started a new job. There have been a lot of adjustments. I think it was easier for the kids than the adults. They like their new house and their new yard and their new friends. I wish I could make "best friends" like my three-year old daughter, Anna. She loves everyone and everyone loves her.

As an introduction to the other two: Kara is 2 years and 2 months; she will no longer let me call her baby. She has instructed that she will only answer to Kara or pumpkin. I am glad she is letting me hold on to pumpkin. Jack recently put vaseline on the cat. He is a very energetic three-year old boy.

So here I sit in our new (to us) house. The kids are napping (or at least in their rooms). The husband is at work. It is still novel to me to sit on the couch in the middle of the day and watch t.v. or use the computer. A definite perk to the job.

Overall, life is good. In fact, life is very good.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Check out our blog: http://degami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes welcome to blogging. I don't have your gift of words but I do enjoy blogging. My blog is http://twooldcrows.blotspot.com

    ReplyDelete