Thursday, November 1, 2012

Where to Begin???

So much has happened in the past 6 weeks, I don't even know where to start!  I am sure I could write at least 10 posts to cover that time-frame, but who has time for that???  So, here are the highlights:

*Best friend since childhood, Jennifer, came up from Florida to assist with all the following:
*Closed on old house sans Thomas
*Drove to Florida, where we spent 3.5 weeks
*Kara threw up in car, from that point forward Anna cried/whined anytime Kara coughed
*Celebrated Jack and Anna's fifth birthday by going to Hollywood Studios, spending a night at Art of Animation and then going to Magic Kingdom with my good friends Marta and Elizabeth
*Had a second celebration with my sister, who shares a birthday with the twins (my dad and brother were in attendance).
*Met up with some friends from Maryland and went to Hollywood Studios again (coolest Marylanders "playdate" ever?)
*Took the kids, by myself, to Animal Kingdom and had a blast
*Went to Epcot's Food and Wine (well, food and more food) Festival with my sister--ate way too much and had a fantastic day
*Spent lots of quality time with my father
*Got to peruse my sister's weekly menu and invite myself and the 3 kids over for dinner often
*Got to enjoy seeing my kids play with their cousins
*Took the kids to lots of awesome parks and a children's museum.  Seriously, my hometown has the best parks I have ever seen.  Where were they when I was growing up?
*Went to my high school's homecoming and watched Elizabeth's marching band performance
*Went camping at Disney's Fort Wilderness
*Drove back to Maryland
*Closed on the new house, sans Thomas.  Hand got tired of all that signing as Agent in Fact
*Stayed in an apartment at Solomon's Island while the house's interior was painted
*Was kicked out because of Hurricane Sandy
*Fretted endlessly about Sandy and the basement sump pump
*Bought a generator that my friends' husbands Josh Darrow and Tony Aina were kind enough to help me set up and teach me to use
*Weathered the storm seamlessly, no generator necessary
*Had our stuff delivered and started unpacking
*Fought with utility companies (still no phone or tv--but, at least there is internet!)
*Went to trunk or treat at church
*Went to Fall Festival parties at preschool
*Went trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood.  Super excited by how nice everyone is and by the number of young kids
*Missed Thomas throughout all of the above

It has definitely been an eventful month.  I am sure I missed something significant in the above narrative. Thankfully, Jennifer is here and we had the help of friends to weather the storm (literally and figuratively).  My home teachers (Josh and Matt) even mounted a t.v. on the wall for us!  As always, I am so thankful for family and friends.  I loved spending time in Florida, but it is exciting to get settled into our new house.

I am lacking the ambition required to download and sort through pictures.  Next time, maybe I will do a photo summary of the above.  Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. What a month, glad you are back safe and sound and all is well with the family.

    ReplyDelete