Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Year's Resolutions (or lack thereof) & Random Thoughts

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago, but didn't "publish" for some reason:

So, I read my post from last New Year's.  While I still think resolutions are a good thing, 2012 was a fail year for me.  I am not thinner, nicer or keeping track of expenses.  Time has continued on and I am pretty much the same as I was on January 1, 2012.  So this year I am making no grand pronouncements.  Is it better to try and fail, or not try at all?  I am taking the lazy man's out.  However, I pass no judgment on those who choose a different path.  In fact, I judge those who judge you!  That grand pronouncement stems from how aggravating it is to listen to the people at the gym make comments about the annoying "resolutioners."  We all understand that you can't wait until March when the riff raff clears out.  You have obviously forgotten that you too, at some point started and were new to the gym.  Maybe it wasn't on January 1st, but so what?  (By the way, I am not an exercise resolutioner--I joined in November, so this is not defending myself--exercise has never been the problem.  Food on the other hand...).

Okay, enough about that.  I really had no thoughts for this blog.  I just felt it was time to write.

Jack and Anna are enjoying preschool.  Well, maybe enjoying isn't the right word.  Tolerating is probably more accurate.  I do worry about the years to come.  Aren't kids supposed to be excited to start school?  Mine don't want to do it.  They are dreading kindergarten when they have to be "gone all day (said with a whine and/or sigh)."

Hmm, I quickly (well, sort of quickly) see that my thoughts are on the negative side this morning.  Maybe not the best time to write.  Some happy thoughts: I love our new house and neighborhood.  It is so convenient to be able to make a quick trip somewhere.  We have also made some new friends, which is exactly what I was hoping for.  In fact, we have a picnic playdate with one of our neighbors in an hour.  I signed the kids up for gymnastics (starts next week) and they are excited about that.  Thomas is now at 43% completion on his IA.  Ohh, I can do a funny Thomas story.

So, he lost his cell phone and some girl called his house and said she had it.  Thomas was out running at the time, so his roommate took the call.  His roommate withheld this information for 24 hours, during which time Thomas frantically searched the base for his phone (it's a work phone).  Finally, his roommate tells him about the call, but didn't have any other information, he just told Thomas he figured he would know.  I am aggravated at said roommate, until it is revealed that roomie believes Thomas was with the girl who called and that is why he passively aggressively refused to give Thomas the info and didn't bother to get a name.  Way to have my back, complete stranger!  Of course, Thomas wasn't with the girl, and had no idea who she was.  He tried calling the phone, but it didn't work.  Eventually, the phone was returned to his office and all is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment