Thursday, March 21, 2013

Funny Things Kids Say

Some of my favorite quotes from this week:

Me: I love you, Kara
Kara:  And, you love Jack and Anna
Me:  That's right, I love all of you very much!
Kara:  But, not villains.  You don't love villains.  Right?
Me:  Right, I don't love villains.

Anna:  What do you want for your birthday? (which by the way is not until July)
Me:  How about a whole day with no fighting??  That would be the best present ever!
Anna:  Umm, that's too hard.  How about a grown-up movie?

Scene: I just got out of the shower.  I am wearing my robe and Jack wanders into the room.
Me:  Jack, can you please leave the room for a few minutes?  I want to get dressed.
Jack: Okay.  <he leaves, then walks right back in to show me something>.  Hey Mom, look at this.
Me:  Jack, please go back to your room for a few minutes so I can get dressed.  Then, you can show me whatever you want.
Jack: <exasperated tone> why do I have to leave?  I promise I won't laugh at your private parts.

Scene: Driving home from school, Anna is reporting on something Jack did.
Jack: ANNA, you need to learn to stop tattletaling!!!
Kara:  Jack, she can do whatever she wants.  She's a 5-year old!

Kara:  Mommy, when Daddy has some more birthdays, will he be a giant?

Scene:  Kara has a picture Anna made at school and is refusing to give it back.  Anna is chasing her around.
Anna:  Give it back!
Kara:  Not unless you say the magic word!
Anna:  What is the magic word?
Kara:  Ummm....I love you and... can I please have that back.
Anna:  I will say I love you, but not to you and I already said can I please have that back.  Mommy, I love you.
Kara:  Okay, here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment