Sunday, June 2, 2013

Deja Vu on Memorial Day!

We did not have a super exciting Memorial Day weekend.  In fact, it was only last week and I can't really recall what we did on Saturday and Sunday.  Monday, we decided to go to George Washington's Birthplace.  The kids got their first Ranger books and were excited to complete the tasks.  Their reward was a little ranger badge.  This was our second visit to G.W.'s birthplace.  We went sometime in 2012, but couldn't recall exactly when.  This time, the kids were much more willing to explore and we did a lot of walking.

They had a bridge opened that led to an additional trail and picnic area.  There were two pathways and the kids wanted to go in separate directions.  I assumed it would be a loop.  It quickly became clear that it wasn't (at least not in an obvious way) and we spent about 20 minutes searching for each other.  Fortunately, it was a beautiful day and we were happy to be outside.


Taking their park ranger oath before receipt of badges

After that, we headed to lunch at Hornes.  By the time we ate, it was around 2:00.  I seemed to recall that we enjoyed the experience last time, but we weren't impressed this year.  The service was fine, the food was just not very good (and, our expectations for a roadside stop are not exceedingly high).  But, it was a very fun day.

That night, I was laying in bed and reading through my previous Memorial Day blogs to see what we had done the past couple of years.  I was surprised to see that on Memorial Day last year, we went to GW's birthplace and Horne's.  It was exactly a year ago to the day!  And, and this is where it gets freaky--Jack was wearing the exact same outfit!  I wish I had taken a picture of just him sitting on the bench.  Maybe in 2014.

Taken from my 2012 blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete