Sunday, April 25, 2021

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

We went to Kennedy Space Center last week. We bought annual passes last January. Because of COVID, they got extended, but were still about to expire. So, we went for one final visit; we only went three times all year, so I'm not sure we got our money's worth. Everyone had a good time. We tried out a launch simulator. I verified that it was not like Mission Space before getting on and we all liked it. They had more stuff open than our last visit. Jack especially enjoyed all the exhibits. We will get passes again when they start doing full bus tours (we never got to do that and it's my favorite).

In one of the buildings, they have this slide between floors. Luke was so disappointed it was closed last time and kept saying how he hoped it would be opened this time. He was thrilled!

Two Saturdays ago there was a PTA yard sale at the school. I volunteered to help. I got there early to set up, went to Luke's baseball game and then went back to clean up. People donated a ton of great stuff. I got a few things, including some brand new bed sheets for Jack, brand new sandals for Anna and books for Kara and Luke. Anna came with me at the end of the day and helped with the clean up. While doing so, she was able to grab a few things, including a dress that she is absolutely in love with. It was nice of her to come and volunteer and I was glad she got some fun things as a result. She has turned into such a great kid. We were on an evening walk one night and she commented on how she couldn't believe how difficult she used to be. She definitely had her moments, but fortunately, is maturing now in such a sweet way. Hopefully that holds true as she gets deeper in her teens! 

Kara got to miss school yesterday to go to Universal with Sophia. It was Sophia's birthday and Anita wanted to do something fun. I dropped Kara off at 8am and didn't see her again until after 9pm! They had a great time, but said it was really crowded. Kara said it was more crowded than it has been on our previous visits. But, she still had a lot of fun. After Universal, they went back to Sophia's house for cake and watched part of a Harry Potter movie. 

Anita sent me this picture. Icees for the win!

Meanwhile, I picked Anna up early from school to run some errands with me. She wasn't doing anything her last two classes, and was hoping we could do something fun. When Luke got home, we went to SeaWorld. They gave us free in-park money, so we decided to use it toward samples at their food festival. Jack wanted to stay home, so it was just Thomas and I with two kids. Two kids is so easy! It is easy to find tables and chairs and easy to physically navigate spaces. It is much easier to get everyone to agree. It is just so easy! Obviously, I wouldn't trade our bigger family, but it was a fun little break.

This ice cream was so good!

Foot long chocolate covered pretzel

Today (Saturday) was a big day. Luke's team finished third and thus had their first playoff game. And, they won 11-9! Luke only got to bat twice. He struck out once and got on base (and later scored) during his other at bat. He didn't get the opportunity to make any plays in the outfield. Next week, they get to play for the division championship! 

I only got to see 30 minutes of his game because Anna got invited to ice skate with some friends. She had a great time. And, she was actually pretty good, likely thanks to knowing how to roller blade. It was nice for me to meet her friends and a couple of their moms. And, I was relieved and happy that her friends seem like nice, good kids. 





3 comments:

  1. We haven’t been there yet. It’s on my list.
    Also I love Anna’s dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, you should definitely visit KSC. I think your family would enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. CAN WE NOT WITH THAT DRESS!!! It makes her look so old, but I am OBSSESSED with how cute it is. LIKE SO SO cute! OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete