Monday, September 5, 2022

Labor Day Weekend

Yay for a three-day weekend! Friday night, the band got to play at their first home game. Jack said it was a much more fun experience. Maybe because the team won or because it didn't involve a bus ride. We didn't go because the band still doesn't know the full half-time show and Jack suggested we wait. 

Saturday, Luke played in a baseball tournament. I stayed home with the girls and Jack. I took the girls to Goodwill. Like everyone else they have raised their prices significantly, which was disappointing, especially seeing things like a Walmart shirt marked at $5.99 that still had a Walmart tag for $5.  But, Anna found a jacket she liked for skating and Kara got a couple of things. 

Sunday, I went to Luke's tournament. Unfortunately, it wasn't much fun. Obviously, I enjoyed being with Thomas and supporting Luke. But, the games were kind of brutal. Luke was their starting pitching, but he didn't do great. He wasn't bad, just not great. And, his team made tons of errors. The final score was something like 6-8. The other team won, but didn't have a single hit. All 8 runs were scored on walks and errors. The second game was slightly better, but Luke's team still lost and there were still a ton of walks and errors. Luke did have a decent day batting, he got on base every time he was up (one hit and 3 walks) and stole a lot of bases.  And, I did enjoy the drive and sitting with Thomas, so it wasn't all bad. But, I will be happy when all the teams get a little better and it more about hits and defensive plays than walks and stolen bases on passed balls. 

Sunday night, we went to Universal. Again, there was no rain in the forecast. Again we got chased out by thunderstorms. We did ride Hagrid's and have frozen butterbeer, so not all bad.

Monday, we went to the mall. Jack needed new basketball sneakers and the girls have been asking to go to the mall. But, Anna chose not to go. When everyone was cranky at Universal, Anna had a snarky attitude, so I told her she lost her phone. She was still mad about it this morning and did not feel like being around me all day. Since she enjoys the mall far more than I do, I am not sure she made the smartest decision, but we managed to have fun without her (although, I wish she had come along). We had pretzel bites and Chick-Fil-A and everyone, except Thomas, got something (Kara and I each got a cruisey kind of dress, Luke got baseballs and some time in the arcade and Jack got new basketball sneakers). We stopped at Aldi on the way home to stock up on lunch foods for the school week. When we got home, Thomas and Luke went and tested the new baseballs and Jack and I watched Elvis, which I thought was a little depressing. Poor Elvis, that "Colonel" was despicable (at least in the movie).

The ice-skating rink was closed this weekend and Jack did not have a basketball game, so there was a lot less running around than usual.

The only picture I took all weekend. Kara and I were debating what color her eyes are. I told her I thought gray. She was unsure. I found a color finder app that confirmed my assessment. Her eyes are in the grey family.



2 comments:

  1. So when I opened the blog, and the first thing I see is an eye, it kinda spooked me LOL.

    I want to see the cruisy dresses. And yes goodwill is annoying now. Luckily the thrift stores here still do okay. I found one in waldorf that has really good prices. It's over by the Krispy Kreme, if you know which one I'm talking about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh btw, it's summer

    ReplyDelete