Tuesday, June 20, 2023

2018 Flashback: Cooperstown

I was looking at my 2018 blog to reread about my favorite vacation--our trip to New England and imagine my surprise when there was nothing written about the last few days. I don't know if it somehow got erased, or Kara's appendicitis happened and I forgot to finish the trip. But, I have to memorialize it somehow. Obviously, this post is written almost 5 years later, so my memory is not fresh, but using what I do recall along with pictures will have to suffice.

Okay, so we left our Massachusetts rental house and drove to Six Flags New England. We had a really fun visit, but the lines were kind of long and we weren't able to do everything we wanted to, particularly the Superman rollercoaster. We promised we would return (spoiler alert--we haven't) and do it one day. Unfortunately, I do not have many pictures of the day. But, I do know we had a lot of fun and enjoyed the park.

I took three pictures that day. Apparently, this ice cream cone was worthy of one. It must have been amazing!

And, two of this amazing carousel. One of the oldest in the country.

I have no idea where we stayed that night, but the next day (Sept 1) we went to Thomas' most anticipated stop--Cooperstown! It was the perfect year for us to visit because Alan Trammell, Thomas' favorite player of all time, was inducted right before our trip. And, of the 6 players inducted that year, two were Tigers. We enjoyed looking around the museum and being in Cooperstown. I know everyone got a souvenir in the gift shop and we had lunch at a Cooperstown restaurant. I also remember the town was much smaller and quainter than I expected. And, I know Thomas loved it!


Lots of cool Tigers memorabilia.

The newest member of the elite HOF.

Thomas with Trammell's plaque

From there we went to a really cool barn store with lots of amazing foods. A Google Search has provided the name--Apple Creek Cider Mill. It was huge, a destination in and of itself, and everyone (I think?) got a treat. I can't imagine we stopped a cider mill and did not get cider?

Then, we drove home. The drive was only 6.5 hours, so we probably drove straight through? In fact, I am almost positive that is what we did. I do remember it was a much easier drive home then there (no NYC to traverse).

Okay, this blog is pretty weak. Sorry! But, slightly better than nothing. Maybe. It was an amazing trip.

 To recap my favorite vacation ever:

Day 1: Six Flags Great Adventure
Day 2: Boston Freedom Trail
Day 3: Aunt Pat and New Hampshire
Day 4: Battleship Cove
Day 5: Edaville Railroad
Day 6: Horseneck Beach, Mom's Grave, Handy Hill Ice Cream, Fenway Park
Day 7: Newport Mansions
Day 8: Six Flags New England
Day 9: Cooperstown & Cider Mill

See August 2018 blog for more details ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment