Sunday, June 11, 2023

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

We had an amazing day at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. We had visited before, but it had been a looong time. Looking back at this blog, I think it was in 2013 for Christmas Town, so almost 10 years! We bought the all-day dining plan and ate way, way, way too much. The lines were short and we were able to do everything we wanted with little wait. We even tried out their newest attraction, Darkoaster, which opened only a week or so ago. It was fun, but it was not our favorite. The last time we went, Jack was only 6 and he went on Verbolten, a roller coaster, with Jack. When he got off, he told Thomas he liked it, but thought he would wait until he was 16 to ride again. Therefore, it was important to us that he give it another try. That was the first ride we did and I thought it was really fun. Jack still wasn't super impressed.

One big hit of the day was Pantheon, a roller coaster that opened just last year. I thought it was pretty similar to Velocicoaster, but for me a little less intense and therefore a little more fun. Thomas was in the car before me and sent me a text saying it was one of the scariest rides he had ever been on. We rode it a second time, and once we knew what to expect, I don't think people thought it was as scary (still super fun). It is probably in my top 5 roller coasters of all time (1-Hagrids; 2-Cheetah Hunt; 3-Pantheon; 4-Nitro; 5-Mako). 

Kara and I saw the Irish Step Dancing show, Celtic Fyre, which we liked. But, we didn't see any other shows. We got there at 10 and stayed until 8. We took the day at a relaxed pace, with lots of food breaks (the food was really good). I can see why the park gets voted Most Beautiful, it really was a beautiful park. We liked the different countries and how they had different music in each. All in all, it was a pretty perfect day. For favorites: Kori, Thomas and Kara--Pantheon; Luke--Tempesto (Tigris Clone); Jack--Apollo's Chariot; Anna--Verbolten.

Thomas took this one, I thought it was great.


Hanging out in "France"

My favorite photo of the day.

View from the train.


1 comment:

  1. Bwahahhahaha that pic of Thomas.

    -Summer

    ReplyDelete