Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I know a lot of people hate making new year's resolutions. Personally, I like them. I think any excuse to sit back and evaluate is a good one. And, with how quickly time goes by these days, a yearly analysis doesn't seem so bad. I don't do resolutions every year. In 2011, with all the changes we were facing, I probably just wanted to survive. Actually, that's been pretty much the case since the kids were born.

But, things have calmed down considerably at the Wilson house. The difference between a 3-year-old and a 4-year-old is pretty astonishing (of course, I still have a 2 (almost 3) year old to survive, but we're getting there). So, I felt like setting some goals this year. I can remember one year, as a teenager, when I completed all of my resolutions. I can only remember a couple (bowl a 200 was on there), but I certainly enjoyed the sense of accomplishment a good year brings. Just in case anyone is curious, bowling will not be on the list this year, I piqued at that game when I was 13 and I would be lucky to break 100 now.

So what are they? Nothing unusual: eat healthier, yell less, keep the house clean, keep track of money, do nice things for my husband and children (all written in a quantifiable way). I even made a little notebook to keep track of my progress. There is nothing earth-shattering, and frankly, nothing particularly difficult. All my "resolutions" are things I should be doing anyway.  

So, here's a to a successful 2012!  It is always interesting to think about what the year will bring. If my family is happy and healthy when we ring in 2013, I will consider the year a good one.

1 comment:

  1. one of mine this year is to be more patient. :) I've stuck to the simple ones too...

    ReplyDelete