Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Favorite Facebook Statuses

The other night when I couldn't sleep, I found myself perusing my own Facebook wall.  There were many captured moments that I had completely forgotten.  I decided to do a blog with my favorites to ensure those moments are not lost.  (this kind of makes me think of sitcom clip shows).  With much consideration (much being pretty relative), my top 5 are written in red.

Joined Facebook:  November 10, 2007  (I think I was too busy until late 2009, you know with 3 kids under the age of 2 to post much).

September 14, 2009:  I find it really amusing that Anna (who will be 2 next month) has taken to calling Thomas, "Daddy Thomas".

October 25, 2009:  Has anyone else had a toddler that went through a scared of everything stage? For example, this morning, we are eating breakfast, Anna looks out the window and sees a bird. Yes, a bird. She immediately starts whining "Anna don't like it, Anna don't like the bird." She then gets down from the table and leaves the room. Jack likes this stage, he got to eat her yogurt.


July 16, 2010:  Anna and Jack were very excited when Thomas asked them if they wanted to watch the Tigers and Indians play baseball. Their excitement quickly turned to disappointment, followed by anger when not a single tiger or Indian took the field. Yo Gabba Gabba is now being shown in place of the game.

July 24, 2010:  Is very excited! Thomas got a job in Maryland. About 8 more weeks in Tennessee and then we move again (hopefully for the last time in a long time).


October 25, 2010:  Misses being paid to deal with difficult people (currently 3 year olds, previously adults who acted like 3 year olds).


December 24, 2010:  NORAD shows Santa just left Italy. Thankfully, his sack still looks plenty full. There will be hell to pay in the Wilson house if there's no princess clock and Zurg in there!


January 9, 2011: Had some new friends over for dinner tonight. Within 5 minutes of their arrival, I was removing charred bread from the oven while the sounds of the smoke detectors echoed throughout the entire house.


April 7, 2011:  Pondering the irony of Anna fighting with her imaginary friend while insisting said friend is "crazy."


August 14, 2011: Anna was arguing with me about how much time was left for nap. I told her 20 minutes. She started crying that 20 minutes was way too long. I asked her long she thought it should be and she said one hour. I told her we had a deal.


August 28, 2011:  Power just came on! So excited, it was getting really warm in here. Appreciative of the SMECO workers who have been working to restore power to over 108K households. Glad we weren't 107999 on the list and feeling bad for the neighborhood that is.


September 3, 2011:  I told the kids today, "you know my sole purpose in life is not to serve you, I know it may seem that way, but it's really not." Jack responded, "Mommy, that's not the truth." Such is my life.


September 17, 2011:  I love that Jack gets himself dressed so easily. But, we're on the fourth wardrobe change of the day. Every time I look at him, he's wearing something different. It's like he's hosting the Oscars or something.


September 30, 2011: Kara's response when I tell her I am not going to pick her up is, "but I can't carry myself!". Umm, isn't that called walking???


November 9, 2011:  Kara, who is currently wearing a Tinkerbell costume, has been crying hysterically for almost 10 minutes because she "can't fly.". Not sure why this realization is just now kicking in or what to do with her. However, my saying, "that's true," only further inflamed the situation.


December 28, 2011:  Anyone want a child? Anna would like to move in with someone who, "won't force me to clean-up." I told her I didn't know of any such place, but we could ask around.


January 10, 2012:  Jack and I were talking about college today. I said to him, "did you know I went to college for 7 years!" Far from being impressed, he replied, "and what do you do?" Excellent question my son, excellent question.


April 16, 2012:  Kara (my 3-year old) just got angry with me and said, "I'm not gonna be your best friend anymore...and I don't like your shirt!


May 22, 2012:  Okay, I can't resist a second child quote of the day. "Anna: I saw an animal out my window. It wasn't a rabbit. I think it was a bear. A small bear. Or, maybe a beaver.


May 28, 2012:  Has a vastly different idea of the meaning "easy to sew," compared with Simplicity's. (present day note--I was trying to make Kara's Drizella costume for Disney World).


August 24, 2012: 9 minutes into our 16-hour drive and Kara just commented, "you're right, Daddy, this is a long drive!" #prayforus 


September 13, 2012:  Overheard conversation between Thomas and Anna:

Anna: We get to have Mommy days at preschool.
Thomas: That sounds fun.
Anna: Yeah, and my boyfriend gets to have a Daddy day.
Thomas: Wait, your what?
Anna: My boyfriend. He gets to have a Daddy day.
Thomas: Anna, you do not have a boyfriend.
Anna: Daddy, he's just some guy at preschool.

Can't wait to see what things are like 10 years from now.


October 12, 2012 (posted by my friend Mary Yakovets after a Florida play/lunch date that ended in a tantrum):  So did you put the hooligans down for a nap? Jack was so mad..."I want to go back home to AMERICA!!!" He's ready to escape this axis of evil down here.

October 20, 2012:  Spending our last night in Florida in tents. But, we're at Fort Wilderness so there's not much "roughing it" involved. 


November 13, 2012:  Jack is worried about this whole Christmas thing because, as he readily admits, "it's just really hard for me to be good."


November 23, 2012:  Jack just told my father to, "tell your daughter to stop calling me Jack Attack."


January 13, 2013:  After a particularly trying day, I pulled a couple of my parenting books off the shelf. I opened one, only to discover what happened to my missing stamps. Is it ironic that my kids have defaced a book that is supposed to help me learn how to help them not do that sort of thing???


February 11, 2013: I asked Kara what she wanted for her birthday dinner tomorrow. Her response? "What we had on Thanksgiving." That's a new one.


March 7, 2013:  We are finally into double digits on Thomas' deployment. 178 days down, 99 to go!


March 17, 2013:  Breakfast of champions--green milk and Lucky Charms. Happy St. Patrick's Day!


April 25, 2013: Kara (4) has been talking nonstop all afternoon. I just said to her, "Kara, you sure are talkative today." Her response, "that's because I am a scientist and I need to tell you lots of stuff, so you'll learn it."


May 9, 2013: Eating the "kitchen sink" at Disney's Beach Club.


July 27, 2013:  Anna: I'm stuffed!

Kara: what does that mean?
Anna: it's a polite way of saying you're full.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for a blog post. Rereading the posts together here was fun. I love listening to (and reading) the things children say. Your children are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a cute idea! My favorite is Anna not liking the bird although the tiger and Indians one is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You know what we do at my house? We take NAPS!"
    That was the day Jack mooned Jordan at Crispers...that was hysterical.

    ReplyDelete