Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Spring Break Begins

Thomas and I took Thursday afternoon off and we went to Universal. It was our first visit since early December. We had a good time. We got to Islands of Adventure right as our expresses passes kicked in. The girls rode Hulk, the rest of us went on Spiderman. We had an early dinner, rode Forbidden Journey and the Hippogriff and then took the train over to Universal Studios. We stayed until the park closed at 8. It was nice and made us look forward to summer when they are open later.

Friday, we went to the Brevard Zoo. It is a nice zoo and we had a good visit. It was a beautiful day and the animals were active. We especially enjoyed the spider monkeys. They crawled all over the place and there were two young ones that were especially entertaining. They were very funny. I appreciate their habitat, they have cages that go through the trees and have different paths they can take to different larger areas. It seems nicer than many zoos. We fed the birds, which was also fun. We left around lunchtime and went to Chick-Fil-A. We stopped at Five Below on the way home and I think everyone enjoyed our time out.

The bird area made for good pictures:





Saturday we stayed home. Thomas took Luke to the park to practice batting. We watched a movie, although I can't think which one. We also dog sat for our neighbor. We brought the dog over to the house and the kids enjoyed playing with him and taking him for walks. We took him home at bedtime and checked on him a few times the next day before the neighbors came home. Sunday, we went to Marta's house for dinner. We had a nice visit. We played Apples to Apples, took the dogs for a walk and enjoyed a delicious dinner. 

The girls took the kids phone and took pictures and videos of the dogs. And, a selfie that shows the two of them getting along. Always a happy sight!

Waze took us on a different route, that avoided both I-4, which is frequently a nightmare, and 27. We went by the school my mother taught at and I pulled into the parking lot. I can recall visiting her there quite a bit, especially after I graduated high school. I volunteered in her class while I was at PCC and loved meeting her students and seeing her in action. The memories are still fairly vivid, and it is so crazy to realize she has been gone for 13 years. It seems so unfair that she died before I got to know her as a mother, she died when Jack and Anna were only three months old. We obviously had a deep bond and were very close, but I do wonder what it would be like to share my thoughts on motherhood with her. She was an extraordinary mother and I frequently wish she was here to offer advice.

But, I digress. Thomas and I are back to work and the kids are on Spring Break. They have gone into the pool the last few days and enjoyed the leisure that comes with not going to school. 

In other surprising news, I got my vaccine on Monday and Thomas has an appointment tomorrow. They opened it up to the employees on our base and it was surprisingly easy to get an appointment.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! Glad you got your vaccine. I am done with mine. Jesse is done with his. There is rumor that the Pfizer is going to be available for 12 and up in the coming months- which I am happy about- because I worry about Ireland going back to school without it (she doesnt turn 16 until November).

    ReplyDelete